In this article, we will discuss several amazing Ethical Hacking Interview Questions that, if you learn, you can easily crack the interview for an ethical hacker. These questions will help you elevate your knowledge of how ethical hackers should act on each tricky one.
One planning to start his/ her career in ethical hacking can read this article to get enlightened with the best explanation of paths to choose. Let’s see what you should do as an IT professional to become an ethical hacker!
Introduction Ethical Hacking
Ethical Hacking is the process of legally penetrating organizational resources (systems, networks, and devices) to identify their security flaws and exploit them. This lets the practitioners know what security measures must be implemented on the resources. Moreover, it can enhance your security measures for the future prevention of security threats.
Ethical Hacking Course
There are several ethical hacking courses available in India for aspirants to learn ethical hacking. However, if you want the best course, you can join the “Best Ethical Hacking Course In Delhi” offered by Bytecode Security for the training and certification of IT Students.
This will lead to the best course ever for you. The “Best Ethical Hacking Course In Delhi” is specially customized with the latest techniques, theories, and tools for training students. Let’s see what else you will meet while following an ethical hacking career.
Ethical Hacking Career
- Network Penetration Testing
In this technique, one focuses on testing the networks to recognize loopholes in network infrastructure related to routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Web Application Penetration Testing
A web pentester can find security flaws in web apps related to coding, authentication mechanisms, input validation, and database security.
- Wireless Network Penetration Testing
With these skills, practitioners test the security of wireless networks, such as Wi-Fi networks, encryption protocols, and access controls.
- Social Engineering
This technique helps professionals to know how attackers gather information from direct sources while getting in physical contact with them. Techniques also include – Phishing, Pretexting, or Impersonation.
- Physical Security Assessment
This test ensures safety against threats with the help of access control, surveillance systems, and security procedures.
Ethical Hacking Jobs
|S.No.||Job Profiles||Working Grounds|
|1.||Ethical Hacker/ Penetration Tester||Such professionals identify and exploit security flaws in systems/ networks/ apps to access their security. The process is known as penetration testing & vulnerability assessments.|
|2.||Security Analyst||Such professionals observe & analyze cyber-attacks, process event responses, and investigate cyber attacks. They analyze logs, detect threats, and deploy measures to prevent risks.|
|3.||Security Consultant||Such professionals offer solutions for enhancing security measures to organizations/ individuals. They test security risks, develop security plans, and recommend security controls.|
|4.||Cybersecurity Engineer||Such techies design and installs security measures for systems, networks, and apps. They configure firewalls, install secure coding practices, and ensure compliance with security standards.|
|5.||Security Auditor||These practitioners test the firm’s security controls & practices. They run audits, review security policies, and ensure compliance with industry regulations & standards.|
|6.||Incident Response Analyst||These analysts are responsible for investigating and responding to cyber-attacks. They gather & analyze digital evidence, perform forensic analysis, and develop incident response plans.|
|7.||Malware Analyst||These professionals analyze malware to know its nature, signs of compromise, and advance countermeasures.|
|8.||Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst||They observe security breaches, detect & respond to threats in real-time, and run cyber-attack analyses. They work in a SOC environment and coordinate incident response activities.|
|9.||Cybersecurity Trainer/ Educator||These professionals are experts in training people on cyber security. They create training programs, organize workshops, and raise awareness about cybersecurity techniques.|
|10.||Cybersecurity Manager||Such managers look upon the overdue security measures initiatives and cooperate with the firm’s cyber security events. They make security policies, manage security projects, and ensure the implementation of security controls.|
List of Top 100 Ethical Hacking Interview Questions
- What is hacking?
- Who is a hacker?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of hacking?
- What is scanning and what are some examples of the types of scanning used?
- What is the difference between symmetric and asymmetric hacking?
- What is cross site scripting and its different variations?
- What are the types of hackers?
- What are different types of hacking?
- How can you avoid ARP poisoning?
- What is the difference between virus and worm?
- What are the steps performed by hackers to hack a system or a network?
- What do you understand by footprinting in ethical hacking? What are the techniques utilized for foot printing?
- What do you mean by DOS (Denial of administration) assault? Explain. What are the regular types of DOS assault?
- What is a Sniffing Attack?
- What is keystroke logging?
- What is Pharming and Defacement?
- What do mean by Trojan and what are its types?
- What is Cowpatty?
- What is MIB?
- What is Network Enumeration?
- What is fingerprinting in ethical hacking?
- What is XSS?
- What is exploitation?
- Distinguish between phishing and spoofing?
- What is RAnsweromware?
- What is the difference between Vulnerability Scaling and Penetration Testing?
- What are different types of enumeration available in ethical hacking?
- What is SSL Session and SSL Connection?
- What is Cryptojacking?
- Why is Python utilized for hacking?
- What can an ethical hacker do?
- Define Exploit.
- What is meant by Back Door?
- What are the tool used in Network Sniffing?
- What is network sniffing?
- How to protect yourself from getting hacked?
- What is the difference between encryption and hashing?
- What is CIA Triangle?
- List some components of SSL.
- What is Adware?
- What is the difference between VA and PT?
- What is a firewall?
- What is ARP Poisoning?
- What is Data Breach?
- What is Operating System Fingerprinting?
- Can you name some top hackers in the world today?
- What is data leakage? How will you detect and prevent it?
- What are the best programming languages for hacking?
- What are the hacking stages? Explain each stage.
- What is Script Kiddie?
- What is DNS Cache Poisoning?
- What are the tools used for ethical hacking?
- What is DDoS Attack and how does it work?
- What is MAC Flooding? And how to prevent it?
- What are types of DDoS Attack?
- Explain how you can stop your website getting hacked?
- What is Pharming Attack an how to attack it?
- What is Burp Suite? What are the tools does it contain?
- What are different types of Penetration testing?
- What is SQL injection and its types?
- What are the types of password cracking techniques?
- What’s a denial of service (DOS) attack and what are the common forms?
- What is a social engineering attack?
- What is meant by spoofing attack?
- What are different types of Social Engineering Attacks?
- What are the different types of spoofing?
- What is a rogue DHCP server?
- What is active and passive reconnaissance?
- Differentiate Between a MAC and an IP Address?
- What is SSL and why is it not enough when it comes to encryption?
- What is a Bot?
- What is meant by Botnet?
- Define Brute force attack.
- Define Buffer Overflow attack.
- Who is a Cracker?
- What is a Backdoor Trojan?
- What is meant by Fake AV Trojan?
- What is a Game-thief Trojan?
- Define Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Trojans.
- What is a Remote Access Trojan?
- What is an Infostealer Trojan?
- What is a Ransom Trojan?
- What is a Mailfinder Trojan?
- What is a Downloader Trojan?
- What is PGP?
- What is port 20, 21 used for?
- What is STRIDE?
- Explain what is CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery) and how you can prevent it?
- How is Email Hacking?
- What is Password Hacking?
- What is Online Banking Hacking?
- What is Computer Hacking?
- What is Scrip Kitty?
- What is Ble Hat Hacker?
- What is reconnaissance?
- What is a Cyberextortionist?
- What is the importance of Ethical Hacking?
- What is TCP IP Fingerprint?
- Name some gears used by moral hackers?
- What is LDAP?
Ultimately, to become a certified professional, ethical hacker, you must find someone reliable to introduce you to the concepts with the latest solutions. This will give your horizon a crazy drive to let you enjoy your studies while you’re at it.
Usually, students don’t find the suitable one to train them to become a professional, ethical hackers cuz they don’t know whom to contact. However, with Bytecode Security, you won’t need anyone to chase your dreams of becoming a hacker.
Bytecode Security will make your journey go smoother than you ever thought possible. Moreover, on the premises of Bytecode Security, one can leverage a virtual lab for practicing on dummy systems. This will give you the best learning experience in the best learning environment.
Thus, you should be ready to give your all. Once you clear this course, you will be eligible to take the ethical hacking exam held to test the practitioners for their honed skills. After clearing the exam, you can get certified with the Ethical Hacking Certification offered by Bytecode Security.
This certification is valid in several companies, even outside India. What are you waiting for? Contact, Now!