Source Code Review
Source Code Review discovers hidden vulnerabilities, design flaws, and verifies if key security controls are implemented. Paladion uses a combination of scanning tools and manual review to detect insecure coding practices, backdoors, injection flaws, cross-site scripting flaws, insecure handling of external resources, weak cryptography, etc.
In case you are developing an app on your business, use WordPress, Joomla, ZenCart, or any form of web software, you then need to make sure they’re nicely covered via acting a source Code evaluation. A compromised app can lead to terrible IT security and result in stolen class IDs (cookies), account facts theft, database breaches or malicious code being planted in your website, and so on.
Some of the Symptoms of Poor Code Quality are:
- The application is unreliable and crashes consistently for no apparent reason.
- Significant testing efforts required.
- Longer regression cycles.
- Poor performance – the application runs slower than expected hence decreasing usability.
- Components of code becoming too dependent on the programmers who created them.
- Unexplained memory leakage.
- Security holes
If you are facing similar issues, e-Zest could be your right code review partner. e-Zest offers code review services throughout the project’s lifecycle for ensuring better quality code for your products and solutions that enhance maintainability, performance, security, and scalability by ensuring timely, regular, and consistent code review practices throughout the product/application development lifecycle.
Typical processes followed by e-Zest as part of independent code review services can be described as follows :
- Assessment planning –e-Zest meets the key members of the client’s development team to gain an understanding of the application’s functionality, design, and architecture and to obtain access to the source code.
- Source code scanning – This involves a complete or partial review of the codebase to identify technical vulnerabilities in all areas of the application. This process normally requires significant fine-tuning and configuration in order to reduce false positives and provide you with actionable results.
- Manual source code review – The source code for critical features of the application is reviewed manually, with a focus on areas that typically carry the most risk – for example, source code impacting application security items such as authentication, authorization, session management, and payment processing code.
- Report preparation – e-Zest takes the results of both the automated source code analysis and manual review and compiles a consolidated report, detailing all vulnerabilities uncovered during the testing process along with severity levels and recommendations for how to remediate each vulnerability that was identified